Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hardanger finishes

One of my stitching loves is Hardanger Embroidery. I have a tutorial at my main blog. If you'd like to learn how to do this intricate stitchery for yourself, please visit me there and look under the "Labels" for Hardanger. All of these designs were finished as pillow appliques:

"Laura's Garden" square

"Harvest" neckroll

"Katie"

"Baroque"


Here is another take on "Laura's Garden" - this was a custom piece created for my friend Laura M. She loved the basic shape and idea of the original, but chose her own colors. And, knowing her creative side, I interpreted the garden to have different levels of magnification of roses. At Laura's request, this was left unfinished, and she displays it on a table in her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I appreciate relevant comments and requests for more information about my work. All comments are moderated, and will appear after review.