Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beadwork - seed bead weaving

I started working with beads when my first child was 1 year old. It was Christmas time, and we didn't have a lot of money for gifts for family members. So I decided to make grandmother's bracelets for my mother and mother-in-law. They were hideous, but they were made with love! Around the same time I discovered all the things that could be done with seed beads. I made Christmas cards with beaded designs on the front. And then I started visiting web sites, and I taught myself seed bead stitches, and started making all kinds of things! Check out a few of the things I've made by weaving beads. (I've included the stitch-type, for those of you who are beady types.)

Snowflake ornaments (circular flat net)
Candle sleeves (3-bead net)
"Crystal Waves" bracelets - right-angle weave
"Butterfly" bracelet - right-angle weaveSpiral Rope chain bracelets

1 comment:

  1. Lots of oohs and aahs! I love the beadwork and especially like the crystal wave bracelets beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I appreciate relevant comments and requests for more information about my work. All comments are moderated, and will appear after review.